Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sea World! Yayyyy

Where to begin....

After going to Busch Gardens with my daughter and her son, we planned to return that Friday with herself and her husband, just the adults to ride, rides :-D
It turned out the did it together so they could have some "Parents Time". I remember those days, they are a very necessary part of a healthy Psyche for the parents.

Anyway, my daughter suggested we go to Sea World together that Sunday, just us.

I have to say we were greatly disappointed that Manta was malfunctioning while we were there. We stood in line for something like 40 minutes and then got on the ride, waited about 15 mins, got off, got back on about 15 mins later, got back off and then we were invited to get on  again, I wasn't about to get stuck on it so we got out of there.

What was the most fun though was just spending the time together. The last time we'd been able to do that was in the summer of 02.  We went to Williamsburg, VA to their Busch Gardens and also into Williamsburg the historical sights.  It was really WONDERFUL for me because I loved all the "learning" involved with reading the landmark plaque and speaking with all of the personnel in period clothing performing daily activities of the time.



This is in the Penguin exhibit. We are standing in front of an amazing picture that shows the eco-cycle /food chain. The picture itself was really amazing in it's detail.
 
This is the last thing we did that day before leaving. It was a really fun show with Dolphins and a whale I've never seen before. It was very long, slender and quite able to frolic with the Dolphins.  I checked the website and there is no mention even of the show we saw, much less the whale in question. :-P

No comments: