Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year 2011

Well, life is moving right along and getting, miraculously enough, much better.  After losing Rody, I didn't feel like it would. You know how it is, you can't see the light because you are still trying to get to the surface for that first breath.

The packing has begun for the move back home to Florida. More labor, this is good for me, I'm out of shape! Winter here keeps you in more than not and with my Rody gone, I don't go to the park as much.  I tried to go and walk on the path, but without him it just made me walk fast to avoid anyone seeing the tears.  I haven't been back.

On the brighter side, I have made a "re-connection" with a gentleman I once lived with MANY years ago.  We are talking....we'll see if anything comes of it.  We were very happy then, but life happens and people change. As of now, one of his most redeeming features is that he has nothing against Islam.

I am soooo looking forward to being back in a large Islamic community with classes I can attend weekly, and several per week! There is SO much I still have to learn and am anxious to do so.

I am also very excited about seeing my daughter and her son.  It has been more than a year since we have actually seen each other. It's so strange, for her to be where I can't just go see her. It was my son that was so far away for so long. He has another child on the way.  I now know that I'll be able to travel there when it's time and stay for a little while to be of some help. I can't wait to see this next addition to his family.  Those two make some really beautiful children, of course my daughter does too, but this is new for him. He became a parent later than my daughter.  I was privileged to be present during her first son's birth, what a wonderful life affirming experience it was.

Alrighty then, back to the packing and organizing.

I should be checking in until I have to pack the computer, usually one of the last things to be packed and definitely one of the first things to be unpacked   :D

Blessings to all,

Shafiah

No comments: