Sunday, March 28, 2010

My First Stuffy


Isn't this the most adorable little creature? It's a Kitty cat.

I wasn't so sure that it would be apparent what it was, but my grandson's Mommy said he saw it on line and knew what it was. I was a happy camper.

I got the pattern from Lion Brand. The pattern calls for Wool-Ease, which I have used and really like, but alas, I have no money to run out and purchase some, so I did the next best thing. I rummaged through my synthetic yarns, because they are wash many times-able. Considering the recipient's age, I knew it could get quite dirty, hence the need to wash often. :-D

What you can't actually see is that the strip colors are a dark gray and a baby blue with the white tips. The eyes are french knots because the grand child in question is a one year old and I don't want any eyes or noses coming off and finding their way into his throat. God forbid! The mouth is a mauve. Since the toy is intended for a boy, I wasn't so hip on "pink". I use Cluster Stuff, by Morning Glory. It doesn't get all lumped up and feels soooo good.

Oh, the pill box next to the Kitty, holds all of my vitamins, lol, didn't realize it was there, but it's still the best pic of the Kitty.

This one is for the grand son in Florida and iA, he'll be getting it shortly after I arrive :) The other little angle, pictured in the post just before this one is the child that saw it and knew it was a Kitty. He'll be getting the next one.

The things are so cute and perfect for little hands. Lion brand has puppies and a Bear too.

The Dogs are crochet: Arigurumi Puppy
Crochet Puppy
Arigurumi Wiener

This is the Bear link: Tubby Teddy Sock Creature

I hope you have as much fun making and giving these as I have discovered.
Kathleen

No comments: